Monday, October 16, 2006

East 12, Skyline 27

This game is over and there is nothing we can do about it, but learn from it. I'm sorry I have not updated anything this weekend, this loss really hurt me and kept me awake a lot. I tried to not think about football all weekend and I thought that by updating the blog, it would make me think about it even more.

Despite me not wanting to think about football, I still did. I did watch the film again and like I said, there is a lot we can learn from it about ourselves.

#1, we were on the goal line twice and failed to get the ball in the end zone. That is two TD's we gave up. You can blame all you want the play-calling, the ref's, etc. Either way, you are on the field, you are in a position to make plays, and the team failed to make plays.

# 2, we are still failing to do our job's on defense. When the DL actually lined up in the correct spots and rushed through the gaps the way I tell you to, you got in the backfield, When you failed to do that, you did not get in the backfield. It's not rocket science guys. In addition, LB's did not do their job's by staying home when they should have. I will be looking to make some changes there this week and see how it goes against Bountiful.

# 3, I saw some people who started off pointing fingers and blame, step up at the end when we knew the loss was inevitible, and started being encouraging and positive. You players that were doing this have NO IDEA how proud I was of you. For the players that just sat around and moped, I'm disappointed, but there are still 2 regular season games left to prove yourselves.

Parents, I need encouragement from you toward your boys. I need you to encourage them to keep their heads up and to pay attention to us coaches from the get-go. To be at games on time and start warming up at practice on-time.

I'm still encouraged that when we get to the play-offs and play to our potential, we beat Skyline without and problems and hold them to a TD, if that.

I won't post stats this week (believe me, it is ugly all around), but I will post the statndings of how things look now. Skyline is in first place and will stay there regardless if they lose to Hillcrest or Cottonwood because both of those games are out of conference. Let's just focus on finishing our season by winning the last two games, then move onto the playoffs, which I hope we see Skyline again.

I'll see you all at practice at 5:30am.

3 Comments:

At 17/10/06 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on you guys lets go to bountiful and show them whos boss, this is not over. Lets all thank the coches for trying there best you guys did great.We need to start playing like a fu****g team and im serious, and maybe we can awake from this nightmare.Come to practice with your shit on and be ready. Go EAST

 
At 17/10/06 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who ever that is, hes right lets go you guys. Beat Bounti ful,of,shit

 
At 18/10/06 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you guys are funny HAHAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home