Monday, October 30, 2006

East 33, West 0 (8-1)

Man, it feels good to be a Leopard! Good job on finishing the regular season strong. While the starters didn't get a ton of reps, it was nice for you all to be able to rest and to allow the subs to get some more valuable experience. We dominated this game from beginning to end and it was a great win against your future rival.

Now, it's time to move on to the play-offs. Our first opponent will be Bountiful, who we all remembered we played against 2 weeks ago. Bountiful is a good team, but we are better. This does not mean they are not capable of beating us, they are actually VERY capable of beating us, so we must be prepared.

I've re-watched the game film this past weekend a lot and the biggest worry I have is our defenses ability to stop them early in the game. As you can all remember, they took the ball and drove it right down our throats. After watching the game film, that was specificaly attributed to our DL not lining up in their correct gaps. This defense is specifically based on controling the running gaps and if we are out of position, it puts us in a world of hurt. I need EVERY defensive player looking at me after every play. I need players reminding each other to look at me so I can send in a play. I need you lining up in the correct formations quickly.

We will make some defensive adjustments for this week that I hope can help us against Bountiful as well. Please come prepared to learn on Wednesday.

I will actually try to get us watching the Bountiful game film on Wednesday night (first practice, so we can remember what it is we are facing) instead of the last day of practice. I feel this gives us a better chance to remember our mistakes.

I'm excited for this week gentlemen. I'm proud of what you've been able to accomplish and how far we have come. We've had some close games, some blow-outs and and a heart-breaker. We need to focus on EVERY SINGLE play being perfect in what we do. We need to focus on never taking a play off and to stay together and work as a TEAM!!! We all know what TEAM stands for.

I'll see you guys on Wednesday. Stay out of trouble on Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home