Monday, November 13, 2006

East 13, Skyline 21

I'm sure you are all hurting much like I am hurting. I am hurting in so many ways. #1, because we lost, but I'm also hurting for the players that did not get to contribute as much as they would have liked to. I'm hurting because I feel like as a coach, I put us in a bad position a few times and made some bad mistakes in handeling personel. It's tough to take and it's kept me up the past few nights and in tears. I hate the feeling. I'm hurting because despite how hard I know you all played, I still have not accomplished other goals that were attainable.

Goals like teaching you all to be good sports and to love each other. I still don't feel like that was accomplished this year. Don't get me wrong, I think we have some good sports and I see a lot of improvement in that area, but I don't feel like I've completely accomplished this.

So, I apologize to you guys in many ways. For the 5-6 of you that did not get in the game, or only in for a few plays, I truly am sorry. You did not deserve to work your tails off all season to be let down like this. It is my fault completely and I have no idea how I can repay you, but with a sincere apology. I hope you never have a coach that does that to you again.

In addition, I hope we are able to learn from this and remember how the pit in your stomachs feel. I hope you all go to school and take it serious and I hope you ensure you are eligible to play football next year. I want to see EVERY ONE OF YOU back on the field. I hope you attend every opportunity you have of summer camp for the East program and begin working hard in June, not August, in order to attain the goal of a conference championships. I won't lie to you and tell you everything is going to get easier, it's not. Everything get's harder. The competition gets harder and the speed and hitting get harder. It's time to learn a lesson about becoming a man in many different ways. Please be good to yourselves, your families, your teachers, your leaders, and other authorities. Please be nice to girls and always stand up for the "little guy".

Anyway, that is a bit of a rant, but I hope you take it to heart. I love you guys and I wish you all the best this year. Don't fool around and become a nobody. Work hard and become SOMEBODY!

I will post more about the team party and I'll follow up with a phone call. Please ensure you all stick together as teamates at school and learn to love each other.

2 Comments:

At 13/11/06 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks coaches and team for a great season sorry we had to come up short in the end but on the bright side that was our best season in 3 years

 
At 14/11/06 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks coaches for a great season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home